Diesel Engine Troubleshooter & Information
Truck Does Not Crank
1. Check Battteries at Post (Go To Step 2)
2. Check Starter (Go to Step 3)
3. Is this a Emission Controlled Truck? (Go to Step 4)
4. Is the Check Engine Light On (Go to Step 5) No. (Go to Step 6)
5. A failed NOx Sensor or Sensor on the Emission Side may prevent the truck from starting.
6. Check if the Transmission Interlock is in park, if able wiggle the Shift and try starting.
7. If the truck does not crank or start call us we can get it started.
Truck is emitting colored smoke at the tailpipe.
Blue Smoke is your engine is burning oil. Check your turbocharger or your injector o-rings.
Black Smoke is your engine is getting too much fuel to burn. Check the air filter for debris.
White smoke is your engine is burning coolant or you have a leaking fuel injector, the smell should be strong from the tailpipe.
Truck will not let me go over 5 MPH
You have a emission controlled truck and one of the NOx Sensors, DPF and or DEF System is faulty and will need a force regen to correct the engine. If you have a Dodge with a Cummins sometimes you can disconnect the battery and it will allow a countdown just to get you out of way. You can try disconnecting the Vehicle Speed Sensor but sometimes that may not work depending on the Soot Ratio inside the DPF ( Diesel Particulate Filter). Brady Diesel Services can perform a force regeneration and get your truck back to working order.
Does Brady Diesel Services do Force Regeneration and How much.
Yes we do Force Regens for every diesel engine. If the regen was not activated or cancelled due to operator error we can force regen, if the problem lies within the emission system we may have to troubleshoot and repair. Force Regens are 150.00 plus the service call and mileage.
Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Troubleshooter
1. Engine Crank No Start (Yes Step 2)
2. Check any bad fuses and bad fuses (Yes Step 3)
3. Check Fuel Bowl open it up and turn key to on does fuel pour out (Yes Step 6) (No Step 4)
4. Check Horizontal Fuel Condition Module (HFCM) under driver side rail. Turn the Water In Fuel Valve to release fuel. Did fuel come out (Yes Step 6) No (Step 5).
5. Check your fuel tank for a damage siphon line or your HFCM is faulty. Call Brady Diesel Services
6. Turn key on and off 7 times, please allow 20 seconds for key on. This will allow air to escape out of fuel system. Does it start ( No, Step 7) Yes (Step 9)
7. Check your oil on your dipstick if at normal range, open oil filter cap and have someone crank engine, Does oil fill up ( Yes Step 9 ) No Step 8)
8. Check your oil regulator, your low pressure oil pump is not building enough pressure to send to High pressure oil pump.
9. If engine starts we still would recommend a checkup by us to make sure the High Pressure Oil System is working as directed.
10. Call Brady Diesel Services for any questions regarding the 6.0